NUTRITION PER SERVING
- 1 cup (100g) rolled oats
- 1 cup (200g) unsweetened applesauce
- 3 cups water (700ml)
- 1 apple cut into cubes
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground cardamom
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1/3 cup (35g) pecans
- Combine all ingredients (apart from pecans) in a pot and mix well.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered, occasionally stirring for 10-15 mins. Add additional cooking liquid if required.
- Serve topped with pecans and additional honey if desired.
- Reheating: Add additional liquid and heat in the microwave or pot until hot.
If you’re getting bored of plain oats or protein oats, add this one to your recipe list to add a different flavour to your weekly nutrition, the calories are low and the macros are in moderate quantities, besides carbs being high, inevitably, since oats is generally high in carbs.