NUTRITION PER SERVING
- 6.1 oz. (175g) flour
- 3.5 oz. (100g) butter
- 1 egg
- 6 slices smoked bacon
- 1 leek chopped
- 8 oz. (225g) mushrooms sliced
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup (235ml) unsweetened almond milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Heat oven to 450F (230C).
- Make the crust by combining the flour, butter, and 1 egg, then pre-bake it for 10 mins in a 9″ (22cm) pie tin.
- In the meantime, cook the bacon, transfer onto a chopping board and once cooled chop into pieces.
- To the same pan add the leeks and mushrooms, and cook for 5 minutes, until softened. Beat together the eggs and milk, and season with salt, pepper, to taste. Next add in the chopped bacon, leeks and mushrooms.
- Reduce the oven heat to 350F (170C) and pour egg mixture into the pre-baked crust.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, until cooked through
- To Freeze: Cool completely and cover with plastic wrap, and then aluminium foil. Freeze for up to 3 months.
- To reheat: Thaw completely. Heat oven to a 350F (170C) and bake for 30 minutes, until heated through.
Quiche takes time to prepare and this one is no different, but it’s all well worth it and makes sense as to why it requires time, it is a high quality dish. Try this one out and have your say on it.