Recipe #3: Red Kidney Bean & Mackarel Salad
NUTRITION PER SERVING
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cucumber, sliced
- 8 radishes, sliced
- handful parsley, chopped
- 8.5 oz. (240g) chickpeas, drained
- 8.5 oz. (240g) kidney beans, drained
- 3 oz. (85g) rocket
- 5.2 oz (150g) smoked mackerel
- 1.7 oz (50g) pecans, chopped
- Make the dressing by mixing the crushed garlic, lemon juice, and olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl toss the cucumber, radish, parsley, chickpeas, kidney beans and rocket and drizzle with the dressing. Divide the salad into portions.
- Break the mackerel into pieces and place on top of the salad. Sprinkle with pecans and serve with additional lemon slices.