Recipe #5: Sweet Potato Spread
NUTRITION PER SERVING
- 14 oz. (400g) sweet potatoes
- ½ red chili pepper
- 5.2 oz. (150g) chickpeas, drained
- 1 tsp. garam masala
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into ¾ inch (2cm) cubes. Boil in water for about 10 minutes until done. Drain, and place in a tall cup, allowing to cool slightly.
- Halve the pepper and remove the seed with a sharp knife, then chop into pieces and add in with the cooked potatoes. Next, add in the chickpeas and garam masala.
- Puree everything with a hand blender (or food processor) until a smooth spread has formed. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve as a spread or dip.