Recipe #6: Chunky Beef Soup
NUTRITION PER SERVING
- 1.1 lb (500g) 90% lean ground beef
- 1-1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled, chopped
- 2 cans (28oz/800g) chopped tomatoes
- ½ green cabbage, chopped
- 4 cups beef stock
- 2 bay leaves
- Heat a large pot on medium and stir-fry the beef until browned, around 5-7 mins. Season with salt.
- Next add the onion, celery, and carrots and sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, cabbage, beef stock and bay leaves, cover and simmer for 30-40 mins, until vegetables are soft.
- Remove bay leaves before serving.