I had created this wrap with the help of a friend as we spent time in Cape Town and were lazy to buy some meat, we ended using what we got and managed to make a very delicious veggie wrap that is low in calories. Sadly, it may not work for those with conditions that require you to eat gluten-free food and vegetable carbs that are easily broken down when digesting.
Otherwise, the calories and macros may be great or not, depending on who you are and what your goals are. Make sure to adjust where required to maximize you achieving your goals as this is a recipe that can be easily adjusted.
- Calories: 505 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 46 g
- Protein: 21 g
- Fats: 23 g
- Can opener (if required)
- 1 Wholegrain Tortilla Wrap
- Handful of Lettuce
- 2 Tbsp (50 g) Black Beans in Brine
- 2 Tbsp (50 g) Whole Kernel Corns in Brine
- 60 g (1 ring) Feta Cheese
- 4 Tbsp (100 g cooked) Brown Rice
- Sweet Chilli
- Warm the tortilla wrap for 1 minute in the microwave on a plate
- While warming up the tortilla wrap, drain the cans of black beans and kernel corns of the brine
- Remove the tortilla wrap out of the microwave
- Take handful of lettuce, rinse it and lay it on the tortilla wrap
- Use a tablespoon to take 2 tablespoons of the black beans and whole kernel corns each and place them on the tortilla wraps
- Break a block of feta cheese and spread it over the tortilla wrap
- The optional ingredients use to boost calories and improved taste.
- Fold the tortilla wrap from one of the two shortest sides for 1/4 of the tortilla and press the sides to contain food contents, otherwise if you’re planning to take-away, fold both short sides to contain food contents from both sides.
- Fold the tortilla wrap from either side of the first fold and ensure that it is as tight as possible to prevent making a mess. (Stop here if you’re doing take away and ENJOY)
- Leave the one side open if you’re going to eat it immediately and ENJOY.
I want to do more recipes, when they come up, for those who are looking for simple recipes to either building muscle or losing fat, such is the goal if you decided to become a regular reader or follower of FAT. I want you to reach all your fitness goals in these aspects. Imagine being lazy to buy meat and end up making some pretty great veggie wraps. Try this one out as you can get them done in less than 15 minutes.
A personal trainer I have been following for quite awhile is “The Bodycoach” Joe Wicks who has makes pretty easy to make meals and you could check out some of his recipes on his Instagram, otherwise check out his ebook below (I am an Amazon affiliate, therefore I do receive a small commission for anything being bought using the link below, so if you were to do that because you enjoyed this post and others, I’d appreciate that a lot):