Protein pancakes are really a luxury to me right now, I made them more when I was back at home in East London for the holidays, the ones I made were mainly for bulking and having some high protein food. The protein pancakes require very little ingredients, but can be very filling and they taste great.
- Calories: 568 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 48 g
- Protein: 62 g
- Fat: 16 g
- Blender or Fork or Whisk
- Tupperware (If you’re using a fork or whisk)
- Frying Pan
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Banana
- 40-50 g / Half Cup Oats
- 2 Scoops Whey Protein
- Mix the ingredients, excluding the oil, into the blender and blend the ingredients or mix the ingredients in a tupperware until it is a smooth and consistent mixture/batter.
- Once you’re done mixing the ingredients, heat the oil in the frying pan, until you can feel the heat with your hand above the pan.
- Cook the pancake for about 1-2 minutes on each side to cook the pancake thoroughly through and keep the light fluffiness – look out for air bubbles going through the pancakes.
- Optional: Top off with more whey protein sprinkles, chocolate, banana, berries, peanut butter, ice cream or cream (note that these options do add their own nutritional value).
Benefits of Protein Pancakes
- They are quick and easy to make requiring only 4 ingredients and about 20 minutes to prepare.
- High in protein which helps in building muscle and muscle recovery.
- They can be used in your fitness goals in building muscle or losing fat because of an average calorie count.
- They contain oatmeal and protein which is very filling and can act as appetite suppresants if you’re looking to eat less calories.
These protein pancakes are a beneficial addition in your nutrition because of the benefits above. Otherwise, ensure that you thoroughly cook the pancakes so that they don’t break off easily or be too soft and watery when eating. I used Evolve Nutrition’s Tri-Whey Protein because I enjoy trying different ones to compare, otherwise if you’re looking for some whey protein, you can use my code “oyisaUSN” to get a 10% discount on the USN website to get their Whey Protein.