I know it’s late, I have been training well and everything, but I haven’t been feeling productive on the blogging side, not because I don’t enjoy it or anything, but because I’ve been doing a lot of reading and planning something pretty big which seems to be keeping me occupied and pretty tired. I’m also planning to change my website soon, so that has all tied in with being a bit late with this one and I apologise. Otherwise, I would say that this is the bonus HIIT workout of the challenge because I had promised 6 workouts and we’ve done 6 already, so try this one out, it is the most intense one!
- Full Body
- Mat (Optional)
- Water Bottle
- Timer/Stopwacth/Phone Timer
The HIIT Workout
Duration: 10-20 minutes
Reps: 30 seconds per exercise
Rest: 30 seconds per exercise
- V Ups
- Plank Get Ups
- Climber Taps
- Squat Jumps
How to Stay Positive
It is difficult staying positive right now because of lockdown but I just want to give my 2 cents on it and how I’ve kept going while it has been difficult and this probably sums up how I’ve been able to complete the challenge mentally and physically, other than the fact that I love exercising:
- Practice gratitude in being grateful for life, love, family and friends, the ability to exercise and everything that you have.
- Practice faith to be calm: I read The Prayer of Serenity when I’m feeling anxious it goes “God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.” It really helps because I have faith in God and His plans for me.
- Learn to accept not being okay, embrace all your feelings, the good and the bad.
- Work and rest enough, be productive as much as possible but also take time to rest and watch some Netflix or read a book.
- Meditation is one I’ll point out, because I do it when it seems I worry about something in the future, it helps you be present in the moment. If only I could do it all day, but life isn’t allowing of that.
I hope you had enjoyed The 14-Day HIIT Challenge, it’s one which I have thoroughly enjoyed because I haven’t used bodyweight workouts in so long and it feels good to get some good exercise in it! Check out Day 11-12.