I have started a 14-Day HIIT Challenge which I felt will be able to benefit people during the quarantine and lockdown periods, depending on where you are because:
- I want you to develop new healthy habits
- I want to lose fat and build muscle and help you do so too.
The content of this challenge is simple and can be done from anywhere because it is body weight and completed in 20 minutes, therefore your time will be efficiently, yet you’ll have time do what you deem as more important.
The images below are all the information you need to know about the challenge and the workout for Day 1, this is a bit delayed, I know, I apologise but I will do better, I promise.
The HIIT Workout
Duration: 20 minutes
Sets: 5 sets
Reps: 30 seconds per exercise
Rest: 30 seconds per exercise
- Push Ups
- Lying Superman Holds
- Bicycle Crunches
- Half Wipers
I am feeling Day 1 Delay Onset Muscle Soreness (DOMS) today and can confirm that it was an intense workout, I am thinking if I will do a before and after picture of the challenge and create a free ebook that can be downloaded for use by anyone that can’t train at a gym and needs quick workouts that get them the results!
Health Benefits of Drinking Water
Day 3 tomorrow and another training day as this is rest day, fitness tip of the day is to stay hydrated is to drink at least 2 litres of water daily because:
- Water makes up 60% of our bodies
- Intense exercise can cause dehydration therefore it is important to drink water during exercise if not throughout the day to replenish water loss, especially if you’re a heavy sweater like me, this will keep your training performance up.
- Water makes up about 80% of your muscle. it helps prevent cramping and lubricates your joints.
- It can help fat loss as water acts as an effective appetite suppressant making you feel fuller, ensuring that you keep your calories at a minimum with zero calories in it.
- Cleans your insides (digestive tract) of toxins that you may have consumed from food and fluids.
I really appreciate the feedback that I am getting from people that are trying the workouts out and I am excited to do Day 3 with different workouts as we increase the intensity a bit as we are going to do a third of the workouts that will be part of the challenge. If you’re trying it and posting, please use the #hiitfatchallenge as I am posting on Instagram to share!