Upper body strength workouts help you build muscle, get stronger and burn calories. All this can account for developing an aesthetic physique.
This is the workout that I do during the week, it only involves compound exercises. If I decide to do any extras, it would involve arms and/or core exercises.
Upper Body Strength and It’s Benefits
Upper body strength is the ability to use maximum force from your upper body against something outside of the body to make it move. This ability can be strengthened through strength training.
The training that you do must help you exert this maximum force. This means that with the training that you do, you must be using your maximum force to do it (lift a weight etc.)
There are benefits to having this strength:
- You will be able to lift heavier objects in real-life situations.
- You will get an aesthetic body, especially if you have a low body fat percentage.
- It improves your posture.
- You will burn more calories through having more upper body muscle.
The Muscles Worked
- Upper Chest
The Upper Body Strength Workout
- Sets: 6
- Reps: 6-12 for each exercise
- Rest: 1-2 minutes rest
- Pull Ups
- Military Press
- Bent-Over Rows
This workout can be completed in 45-60 minutes. If you are a busy individual this can be beneficial. Always remember to warm up and do dynamic stretching before exercise to prevent injury and reduce the chances of DOMS.
Do some cardio for 10-20 minutes after your workout to burn more calories. This can help you be in a calorie deficit to lose fat, but still be able to build or maintain muscle through the strength training.
I aim to provide more workouts dedicated to busy individuals that have little time on their hands. This is something that I have also had to adapt to.
My schedule involves studying, work and working on my own business. so I totally understand the struggle of time.
This workout works your shoulders, back, upper chest and triceps. The exercises are all compound exercises that work more than one muscle group. This strength workout can provide the benefit of:
- Lifting heavier objects in real-life situations.
- Getting an aesthetic body, especially if you have a low body fat percentage.
- Improve your posture.
- Burn more calories through having more upper body muscle and exercise in general.